Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Dipping a toe into design

Way back when I was working on my scarf and then my sweater, I was exceedingly gung-ho. I had this idea that I could create a really cool knitting bag by yes, knitting it. I didn't want to felt it, either.

I found some yarn I really liked, Rowan Chunky Print in "Girlie Pink." Which is not all pink, but many colors. It's a thick and thin yarn. I got as far as making a prototype, but the framework baffled me. The prototype has a base of artboard, with wire-hanger handles. I meant to line the purse with a stiff fabric, but forgot to in my rush to sew it up. It's kind of a mess, and not really usable as it is.

But that's why we make prototypes, right? I have some ideas for making this work, but it's not a priority right now.

Some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment