Monday, January 29, 2007

Foxy

I keep seeing foxes in my alley or in the neighborhood when I come home from work late in the evening. They're always too quick for me to get a decent photo, slipping away under a fence or around a corner.

I had a moment of hope again the other night when I pulled into the alley and saw two pairs of glowing eyes just past my garage. But it was only two cats, pitching woo.

I had better luck – indeed, most excellent luck – last spring, when I woke to find a pair bedded down in my backyard in broad daylight:



Too bad about the not-so-great camera plus window screens making for poor photos, but really, how cool is that?

(It also led to an awkward moment when I called the teenage boy who lives next door and blurted out "Are you in your bedroom?" – his window looks out on my backyard.

He thought the foxes were awesome, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment