Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Cookin' Recycled Gourmet Appurtenances

On Saturday we made the trek to Cookin' Recycled Gourmet Appurtenances on Jen's recommendation. It's on Divisadero near Oak.
The front window is indicative of what you'll find inside. Lots and lots of stuff, in an amazing jumble of organized chaos.
You've got your copper pots and molds.
Your cake stands.
Your enameled cast-iron pots.
And extra lid, should you need one.
Whisks? Check. Meat grinders? Check. Anything else? Check, check and check.

You have to hope they have earthquake insurance!

The place is so small, you can't have more than three or four people in there, one in each little section, and moving from one area to another requires some polite negotiating. Not to mention delicate movement.

It's also fairly dim. These photos were taken with a long-ish exposure (hence the lack of sharp focus) just to get enough light.
The gentleman manning the counter was polite and helpful. I found a pestle for my chinois, and was tempted by many other things. The prices were on the high side, though, and I'd already stocked up on stuff at Ikea, so I limited myself. But I'll go back again someday!

3 comments: