Saturday, February 05, 2011

Dinner at Damascus Grill, Littleton

This is a crummy photo of an excellent meal, halfway through. We had dinner at Damascus Grill last Friday, and the Sergeant wanted to go back today. It's that good.

We first went there a while back, based on the universally good reviews on pretty much every site that does reviews, either professional or amateur. How rare is that?

This is not the same place as Damascus restaurant in Denver, which I've also enjoyed. I think they are not connected, but I didn't ask.

The guys who wait tables are friendly and willing to make recommendations. The dishes are grandma's recipes, and her grandsons are enthusiastic about her food.

I had the baked lamb last week and the Sergeant had it this week. Oh my, it's so very good. On a bed of fragrant saffron rice, with a salad. It's great reheated as leftovers, too.

The okra stew is pleasantly tangy. I love okra.

The stuffed grape leaves are tasty with and without meat. We tried the mana-ish, which is a flatbread topped heavily with herbs and spices. The hummus is so creamy and good. The pitas are warm and soft.

Tonight I had the kibi, which is a spiced meatball with cucumber sauce, and lentil soup. The kibi wasn't a big hit for me, but the soup made up for it.

We did not have room for dessert, but I'm sure that's good, too.

Damascus Grill (I've linked to their menu page. The home page has embedded music)
1399 W Littleton Blvd
Littleton, CO 80120
303-797-6666

Open seven days a week, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment