Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Just hanging out

The fence pumpkin is about as big as it's going to get and is coloring up nicely. We're glad it's somewhat shielded from view from the sidewalk; the Sergeant is sure someone would take it otherwise.
But. No one has made off with our fence squash yet. It's a buttercup variety, hanging right next to the sidewalk. When I'm working in the garden, I often hear passers-by stop and talk about it:
"Is it a watermelon?"
"No, I think it's some kind of squash."
It may be safe from predation because people aren't sure what it is. We'll see!

3 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin is beautiful!
    It's nicely growing on the stool :)
    I hope nobody touches your "squash", it is very tempting I must say, hanging out just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin on the custom stand turned out great! You should enter that picture (maybe along w/ the earlier one) into a contest. Hats off to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Blue! It's still there. I should figure out when to harvest it.

    Thanks, Pam!

    ReplyDelete