Friday, October 09, 2009

Bring on the brrrrrrr

It's snowing to the west and north of here but the flakes are not falling in town yet. I had hoped to get more done today while it was nice out but my car was in the shop. The funny smell when the engine was hot was coming from a ripped axle boot. That, plus new rear brake pads and the 60,000 mile service set me back mucho dinero.

When I got the car back, I hustled over to Home Despot to pick up furnace filters. I've got two furnaces, one in the basement and one in the attic. Before I can use the attic furnace, I have to winterize the swamp cooler and swap out the ductwork that they share. Always an adventure. Good thing I'm not afraid of heights.

The outdoor taps are all disconnected now, too.

Oh, and I made more chivda.

How are you getting ready for winter?

1 comment:

  1. Gah. Not well at all! I need to put new mulch down but I missed the date when the city was giving out free mulch. But the good thing is that we won't be scrambling to drain the sprinklers since we didn't turn them on at all!

    ReplyDelete