Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pizza with words

Committing to a post a day is problematic when you can't form a coherent sentence. So look at yesterday's post for most of the pictures.

My grad-school housemate came to town this weekend for a history conference. I haven't seen her in 15+ years, and it was great to catch up. I invited some mutual friends and their spouses over for dinner last night. We made pizzas, using pans I bought at a restaurant sale in Madison when I was in grad school. It seemed appropriate.

I'm kicking my grad-school self now: Why didn't I buy more than six pans? Should've bought 12! But we made do with some larger baking sheets for the rest of the pizzas.

Toppings included:
  • Roasted red tomato sauce
  • pesto
  • sliced longaniza
  • chicken-apple sausage
  • shredded chicken
  • Canadian bacon
  • prosciutto
  • fresh mozzarella
  • shredded mozzarella
  • pecorino romano
  • goat cheese
  • spinach
  • bell peppers
  • jalapenos
  • green anchovy-stuffed olives
  • black olives
  • capers
  • pineapple
  • onions
  • mushrooms
  • frizzled leeks
  • sun-dried tomatoes
They turned out great!

Dessert and the after-dinner entertainment were awesome, too. That's a whole other post. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment