Susan tagged me for an eight random things meme. Though they're not really random, since I'm following a set format.
1. I was born in… Milwaukee, at Columbia Hospital. I grew up in Whitefish Bay, just a few blocks west of Lake Michigan. I miss the lake, though the mountains west of Denver are a decent substitute as a geographical reference point and recreational opportunity.
2. I absolutely HATE… the feeling of cardboard. I'll touch it if I have to, but I try not to. Susan also mentioned visiting the dentist. I concur. I also hate it when people are inconsiderate of others. Come on, neighbors, shovel your damn sidewalk.
3. When I was a little girl… I read a lot and was a very picky eater.
4. All I need in life to be happy is… good books, good food, a good dog and enough time to enjoy them. Probably some other things, too. But I'm pretty happy with my life, so I could just say "what I have now."
5. I like taking naps. Just had a good one.
6. I looooove spring. And it's coming soon!
7. I am not organized enough.
8. I have several mottos… "When buns is passed, take buns." "If you're feeling down, wait a day." "Write what you really really think, and then delete it."
And this one, which just makes me laugh: "Just because I'm crabby doesn't mean you're not irritating."
And speaking of irritating, Blogger photos and HTML lists do not play well together.
If you'd like to try your hand at this meme, please do! It's easier than some, being fill-in-the-blank. And good for a post when you've done nothing else all day worth blogging about. (Let's see ... I walked the dogs, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, took a nap ... a good day, all in all.)