Sunday, August 17, 2008

*Sigh*

First I got to the airport about an hour earlier than I needed to. Duh. At least they had free wi-fi. But it was glacial in the terminal.My toes turned blue. Then I flew to Chicago, and that was OK. Then I discovered my next flight was delayed.

Then I was told my flight was canceled. I'm rebooked on a 9 p.m. flight, and on standby for a 3:30 one. Who knows where my bag is.

I shall breathe deeply and think of pretty things.
Such as my new Elizabeth Garvin necklace.

4 comments:

  1. I hate this part of vacations - when returning home becomes a nightmare cos of delayed flights. Are you at Midway or O'Hare? I hope you get the standby! If not, go to Greek town for an early dinner but keep lots of time to get back to the airport!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travelers worst nightmare! Hope you get home sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The necklace is gorgeous. Hope it isn't in your checked (and perhaps still missing) bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manisha, I wish I were bold enough to just say "screw it" and go get a good dinner, but I worry that I can't depend on the booked flight. I need to try for every standby I can. I'm at O'Hare.

    Thanks, Julie.

    Claire, I never check anything I couldn't stand to lose. My bag has a bunch of new clothes in it, but frankly I'd be more upset about the loss of the bag itself. It's the perfect travel backpack, which I got in Hong Kong 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete