Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Silly kitchen gadget No. 17

Whoops! My travels left me out of synch and I failed to get a gadget up on Monday as usual. I'll bet you didn't even notice.

This week's silly gadget is the "Ultimate Wedger" from Crate & Barrel. I didn't see it in their store, but it's available online for $12 down from $15. It's got three pieces and requires hand-washing. Which is good, since this was clearly designed for someone who is OCD about getting the proportions of their lemon wedges exactly uniform and can't trust a plain old knife to do it.

6 comments:

  1. This must have been designed by the same genius who invited the avocado cuber.

    Claire @ http://culinary-colorado.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh it's $3 off? Lemme at it!

    What is it good for again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, a cuber? I haven't seen one of those. I do have an avocado slicer that I used to mock until I got one as a gift. It's actually pretty handy.

    Kathi, never pass up a bargain!

    Speaking of head, mimi, doesn't it look like a Viking helmet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really looks like an invention by someone who sells soap so that you have more stuff to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There y'go! Dana, you've solved a mystery.

    ReplyDelete