Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Defestooned

Meanwhile, my own little tree was stripped of all its finery and kicked to the curb today. Denver's Treecycle program will turn it into free mulch to be picked up in May.

As I was putting away the ornaments, I remembered that I hadn't included the poodle ones in my poodle tchotchke roundup last year because they were packed away. Here they are, with poodle feet for scale:
As always, it's a little bit of a let-down to put away all the lights and decorations. I confess that's why I had a party – I didn't want to put everything away without more people enjoying it! I think I got my effort's worth. Maybe I'll do it again next year.

7 comments:

  1. Cute poodles! I feel the same about taking down decorations...the house looks a little less special now. *sigh* Oh wells. There's always next year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel sad about undecorating the tree, too. We stick it outside in the snow for the birds to land in while they're visiting the feeder. Sometimes we'll put a little surprise in there like a hollowed out grapefruit half (got plenty of those now) filled with peanut butter and bird seed. Gotta put them up high those since our lovable canine has a real taste for peanute butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just fallen in love with Sophie. And I'm glad you don't trim her into all those silly balls. Which reminds me: only a month until the Westminster Dog Show! It's the only sports event (other than March Madness and sometimes the World Series) that I acknowledge. And on the subject of the end of the holiday season: I must confess that Dec 26 is usually my favorite day of the year. All the rushing and buying and mailing and arranging schedules is over for another year. AND as an extra bonus the days are getting longer.... gardens can't be far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kasey! Yeah, if the decorations were up all the time, they wouldn't be as special.

    Betts, I thought about doing something like that, but then I'd be left with a dried-out tree carcass come spring, and I don't have a chipper. Nice treats for your birds!

    Pam, it was the Enid Collins purse, wasn't it? I usually keep her trimmed up a little better than that, but she has never been frou-frou'd. It's fun to watch the dog show! It amazes me that a judge can decide among them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. poodles! i always get immediately so sick of xmas decor after new year's that i have to quickly put it away. it's sad, but i'm happy to clean house.

    ReplyDelete