Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Catbird seat

I'm trying to sell off the furniture that doesn't fit in my new house, and my wallet's taking a huge hit from the sewer. So naturally I had to buy this chair.
It's from Susan Bell Gallery in the neighborhood, by artist Victoria Eubanks. I often stop by the gallery to say hello to Lily the standard poodle and Pluto the greyhound, and to admire the artwork. I would like to have one of Susan's paintings someday. In the meantime, this caught my eye. A lot of Victoria's painted furniture is too cute for my tastes, but I think this is very attractive.
I'm thinking of asking her if she'd be interested in a trade; I have a couple of old child-size rocking chairs that I'll bet she'd like in exchange for something else painted. I have an idea I'll expand upon in the next post.

4 comments:

  1. I love this chair! Just imagining the stories this chair will hold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you two! I'm still trying to figure out where it will be happiest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely positively love that chair!

    ReplyDelete