Monday, July 23, 2007

Spontaneous summer salad

Some fresh tomatoes from the farmers market, some chopped basil. I boiled the green beans with stalks of dill and basil, then added a couple ears of corn to the pot. Then I fished the vegetables out and tossed orzo in to cook in the same water. Cut the kernels off the corn, threw it all together with a little vinaigrette and chilled. I wanted to put some fresh mozarella in, too, but it tasted off, despite having been in a sealed container with a sell-by date a week away. Oh well. It was still good! The orzo made it really interesting, and I love the infused herb flavor.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kitt,

    Thanks for some helpful information you left in your comment in my post Blog directory: Increase traffic to your blog. I have responded to both your comment as well as Nancy's comment whom you addressed your comment to.

    Peter (Blog*Star 2006 and 2007)
    Earning Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter, thanks for stopping by. I found your site via Blogger Tips. I'm not all that interested in increasing traffic, since I don't have ads, but saw I could answer Nancy's question about linking. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was sooooo easy, too! Boiling everything in the same water really simplified the process.

    ReplyDelete