Thursday, January 03, 2008

For Manisha

The Undersea Room is being transformed, with white beadboard three-quarters of the way up the walls, and slate blue paint above. The ceiling will be white with just a touch of the blue in it.

Manisha asked me to take pictures before I covered it up. Here they are. Manisha, if you want any (or all) of these larger, email me and I will send them to you full size.
Some of the pictures will be preserved behind the beadboard, since we're not bothering to paint the walls entirely; just the top third. A little surprise for future archaeologists/renovators/demolition crews.

P.S. Here's what the room looks like now.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is really cool! And I think your suggestion of projecting images onto the wall is a super one. Did I say thank you? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Somebody loved some little person a lot I think. Unless I missed something, you inheritted this, yes? I like the idea of covering it as opposed to painting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could help, Manisha. Hope your project works out well. I'll expect to see some pics one of these days.

    Alecto, yes, this was the toddler's room, now my guest room. I'm keeping the African safari scene in the former nursery (now my office). Pictures later. (But if you click on My Flickr Sets and then on Victorian House, you can see it there.)

    ReplyDelete