Thursday, January 03, 2008

Garlic escarole with sausage

Last week I made escarole chickpea soup, but I only used one of the two heads of escarole I bought, so last night I cooked up the other.
I used the basic method of cooking some sliced garlic in oil, tossing in the well-washed and -chopped escarole and stirring a bit, then adding about a half-cup of vegetable stock. Chicken stock works, too.

I sliced and browned some chicken apple sausage, too, and set it aside on a paper towel.
The whole head of escarole cooked down to one generous serving! Served over pasta, it was very filling and tasty.

4 comments:

  1. Damn, that looks good. I might give that a go for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is tasty, but you have to like escarole. If you can get ahold of gai lan, that's even better. You can also try it with kale.

    ReplyDelete