Friday, January 18, 2008

OMG: Wild Oats' Les Truffes

I was given a package of these organic truffles from Wild Oats last month, and Oh. My. God. they are so good. They are very simple, just pure chocolatey goodness with a dusting of cocoa powder.

I don't know what will happen to them now that Whole Foods has bought Wild Oats. I hope they will still be available. Seriously, you could repackage these in a little box or tin and give them as gifts, and people would think you dropped way too much money at a fancy chocolatier.

Damn, now I have to make sure the recipients don't read my blog first.

5 comments:

  1. ha- I wouldn't mind! and I wouldn't tell. You can give me truffles anytime, in ANY kind of box. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me three... as I sit here scooping Nutella out of a jar by the spoonful. Grin.

    Dani
    http://groworganic.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, Nutella.

    Susan, I'll keep that in mind. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! And if you haven't yet, go to Wen's chocolates (attached to Savory Spice), where they have a veritable sushi-like menu of designer truffles. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, Kitt. Whole Foods has the exact same truffles. They also have them in cappucino flavor. *drools*

    ReplyDelete