Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Scroll up

In July I posted about wanting to hang my Chinese scroll in the stairwell.
I was going to have Pascal hang it, but then I had a party coming up and didn't want to wait, so I hauled out the extension ladder. I think Mom was making a mental note of where the phone was in case she needed to dial 911.

I'm glad to have a wall space that does the scroll justice, and the scroll really brightens up that dim and monotonous stretch.

On a related note, that's the doorbell chime below it, that a handy someone turned up the volume on for me. I thought I was going to have to replace it, because I just couldn't hear it from the back of the house. Now I can.

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good and I am so so jealous of all your lovely bookshelves. This is turning into one seriously cosy home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's a labor of love, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete