Monday, May 19, 2008

Brunch at Lucile's in Denver

When I was contemplating brunch choices on Sunday, Lucile's was the first thttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifhing that popped into my head.

I've never been to the original Lucile's in Boulder, but have enjoyed the Denver branch, on Logan just north of Alameda, several times. They have beignets, for one thing! (You may recall the beignets I posted about recently.) Their bloody marys will kick your ass in a very good way. And their Creole menu is varied and satisfying.

We skipped the bloody marys this time, but the Sergeant was happy with his shrimp and cheese grits with andouille sausage:
And I packed away a big bowl of rice-pudding porridge topped with raspberry sauce, currants and cream.
We both could only manage one beignet apiece (my photo didn't turn out, but you can see them there in the background), so we had the other two today for breakfast. They're definitely best fresh from the fryer!

Lucile's Creole Cafe
275 S Logan St
Denver, CO 80209
303-282-6258

7am-2pm Monday through Friday
8am-2pm Saturday and Sunday

4 comments:

  1. I love breakfast dishes, and those look so decadent! I do consider rice pudding to be a breakfast food, too. I've never had a beignet. Lucille's is yet another reason to check out Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Lucille's! I use their strawberry jam, Creole spice mix and spiced tea at home, too. (Speaking of which, I'm almost out of spiced tea...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of many many good reasons to check out Colorado, Julie! Put on your travelin' shoes.

    Beatrice, I didn't know they sold those things! I will look for them next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is making me miss home so much :)

    ReplyDelete