Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Oy

This was the thermometer in the car last night. We could've waited a little longer for it to hit zero or negative digits, but the pizza was getting cold!

I don't get pizza very often, but it seemed like a good night for it. The Sergeant got my TV out of storage and set it up so we could watch a DVD of "Man on the Moon." I remember Andy Kaufman from "Taxi" and some of his wrestling stunts, but I never knew the whole story. I don't like Jim Carrey much as a comedian, but he did a credible job here.

Then this morning I discovered that the washing machine water pipes had frozen, too. Gah. After an hour of space-heater and hair-dryer, the cold-water line just thawed, but the hot-water line is still not moving. Cross your fingers!

1 comment:

  1. Fingers most definitely crossed.

    If our car had a thermostat it would look like that most of the time -- we're driving around this winter with no heat. Can you say Low Rent? Seriously.

    ReplyDelete