Thursday, January 14, 2010

Be it resolved

While I didn't make a New Year's resolution to declutter and get more organized, it's been at the top of my list of things to work toward for a while. And seeing many others making a concerted push is inspiring. Susan, for example, started a blog about her decluttering efforts.

I've managed to keep most of the house clutter under control since I moved, but I've got quite a few boxes full of the detritus of my youth. Things I loved dearly back then but haven't looked at in years.

It used to be I couldn't bear the thought of parting with a piece of it, but now I think, "Why should I keep it?"

Today I went through a box of little figurines I loved as a girl. Some of it is quite old. Little dogs, cats, horses, chickens, a tiny tea set "made in occupied Japan." I looked at it, said, "Aww, I remember that!" then put it all in the Goodwill box.

Well, almost all of it. I'm keeping the poodles.

4 comments:

  1. Always keep the poodles ;-)
    (spoken like a poodle momma)

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely keep the poodles... and consider the occupied Japan - or at least e-bay it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got great self-control :) But yes, we must keep the poodles!

    ReplyDelete