Saturday, November 10, 2007

Getting current

The sun is going down, and I've accomplished a fair amount today. Walked the dog 2.6 miles, mowed the lawn, went to the hardware store, changed the bulbs in the overhead porch light. Took me a while to figure out how to get into the dang thing. Good thing I have an 8-foot ladder! The wall light – which is really a motion-detector light, I discovered – is not working, and now I'm not sure if it ever did.

I have an electrician coming next week to go over all the wiring in the house with me. In my old house, it was all fairly straightforward and easy to work on. Here, there are so many wires old and new, including some that look like they should be in conduits, and some outlets that don't work. I want someone to look at it all with a hypercritical eye, and fix whatever needs it. Peace of mind and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment