Friday, February 27, 2009

Breakfast at Pete's Kitchen – anytime

I wanted to go to Jonesy's EatBar to try their sliders, but nooooo. Their website says they are open until 11 p.m. daily, but when we arrived at 10:15 p.m. Sunday, they were shut up tight. Big points off already.

Disappointed and ravenous, we ended up at the place that never disappoints and never closes: Pete's Kitchen. Open since 1942, Pete's Kitchen is your quintessential greasy spoon, serving all the classic Greek diner fare.
The place is a little worn around the edges, but comfortably so. The service is infallibly fast, friendly and efficient. And the food is tasty and affordable.
I got the corned beef hash with eggs, hash browns and an English muffin. The Sergeant got a gyro sandwich (from which I vultured a fair amount of yummy feta).
I saved enough corned beef and potatoes for my lunch the next day. Add a couple more eggs over easy and you're good to go!

Pete's Kitchen
1962 E. Colfax Avenue
Denver, CO 80206
303-321-3139

4 comments:

  1. we were so very close - blocks away from it! - last night. *sniffle*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, next time! It's a good place to fortify yourself before the long drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm looks good!

    I noticed a neighbor walking a big standard black poodle the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you realize that if they opened on this day in 1942, they've been open 569,400 hours straight? I like to spend an hour or so there myself. That looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete