Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm sorry!

I had to do it. I was still 700 posts behind in my Google Reader and it was weighing on me every time I looked at it. So I marked all as read.

I'll still see a lot of posts I missed on my favorite blogs as I move ahead, but sometimes you just have to let go.

I don't know how people with Tivo manage. I could conceivably sit down for a day and catch up on blog posts, but if I were saving TV shows, I'd probably have a year's worth of backlog within short order. The same with magazine subscriptions (The New Yorker, especially).

I quit watching TV entirely a few years ago (and canceled The New Yorker), but I don't think I can quit the Internet.

9 comments:

  1. I know whereof you speak. I'd like another 10-12 hours a day to be able to read all I want. Sometimes "Mark all as read" is your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for having the strength to just say no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are allowed. I delete and just skim through my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just can't quit us.

    I get so behind in magazines, and Tivo, and internet that sometimes I have to do a major cleanse. It always hurts at first, but then its all better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could see quit watching tv, but cancelling The New Yorker? Sad, very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you. I used to tivo Oprah but when i had 70 shows to catch up on, I said enough is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ayse, it does feel liberating.

    Betts, it just had to be done! I'm getting much better at not hanging on to everything.

    Manisha, I've been deleting some from my blogroll, but it's a wee fraction of the whole.

    Duck, that's how I felt!

    Mimi, skimmimg works, up to a point.

    Kathi, no, can't quit. But cleansing is good.

    Joanne, I just couldn't keep up! I still read it on occasion, but not having a sub makes me feel less guilty.

    Lisa, there just aren't enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete