Friday, August 31, 2007

Downspout garden

A while back I posted a picture of my rain-cup downspout. At the base of it there is a rock with a hole in it, about half the size of this one just a few doors down. I think the previous owners were working toward creating something like this lovely treatment. I have to ponder what I can do that is similarly charming, without being a complete copy-cat.

You can find a variety of styles of rain cups and rain chains here. They are not cheap.

(Apologies for the poor photo quality; I was working from a different computer that only let me save it as a gif.)

2 comments:

  1. I love the rain cups - have to seriously think about that for our house. How fun to be planning a garden for yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be a fun creative project for Mark. The concept seems simple enough.

    ReplyDelete