Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dinner at BB's on Pearl

Dinner the other night at BB's on Pearl. My new place is just a few blocks away from a lovely little business district of restaurants and boutiques. Over the years I've seen this space go from being Hughes, to Greens, to Lola, to Micole, and now BB's. Each restaurant has been really good, but they just never seem to last there more than two or three years. (Though, Lola just moved to a bigger space and remains popular.)

I had dinner at Micole a month before it closed. The place was nearly empty and we almost walked out again, but it ended up being one of the best meals I've ever had in Denver. It was an economically difficult time after the dot-com bust that led to its demise, not the quality of the food or service.

BB's was OK; they have live music upstairs that sounded pretty good, and the food was good, if uninspired (I guess if I wanted inspired, I shouldn't have ordered chicken picatta).

No comments:

Post a Comment