Sunday, December 09, 2007

Under a blanket

I sort of wish I could run a single string of lights along the peaked roofline, but that's not going to happen this year. Next summer, maybe I'll put C-hooks up so that I can string lights using a long pole, instead of getting up on a ladder.

Hard to see on the porch in this photo are a couple plywood cutouts of trees, painted red, that came from Mom's house. I need to paint them a different color (green and gold, maybe) and find some way of securing them so they don't fall over when it's windy. Maybe a wire up to the ceiling, and sandbags at the base. Right now I've just got two little porch tables in front of them to hold them up.

Photo taken late last night, after it stopped snowing and before I shoveled. Click the photo to see it larger.

1 comment:

  1. That's absolutely stunning. I would want to put lights in the peak line too.

    ReplyDelete