Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Damn damn damn

I went to pull out my Le Creuset dutch oven to make some soup. I can't find it, nor the Le Creuset terrine. The last place I remember seeing them was in the oven at my old house, where I usually stored them. The new owners have my number; I would think they would have called, but maybe they just thought finders keepers? I don't remember looking inside the oven when I'd cleaned the place out. They're definitely not inside the new house. They might be in the garage, but not anywhere obvious. I don't remember moving them.

I left a message for the new owners.

I feel sick.


  1. Ooooh, bad. I hope you hear back from the new owners soon and they have them and have just been to busy to call. What else could have happened?

  2. You would think they would have called - I hope they do. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. (are there still unopened, buried in the back boxes in your garage??)

  3. They haven't called back yet. They seemed like nice folks, and I did leave some things for them (shelving, a mirror) but I mentioned those things at the closing. Maybe they thought I left the pots for them, too. I'm hoping there's a perfectly good reason they haven't called.

    I'm 99 percent sure I left the pots there. The other 1 percent will require me to do some major excavation in the garage.

    Kris, you make me laugh. My entire life is in the garage in unopened boxes. But the pots would've come right into the house. They should have, if I moved them. Which is why I'm 99 percent sure I didn't.

  4. oh. that sucks. and the fact that they aren't calling you back is really crappy. What kind of person keeps expensive cookware that isn't theirs? Hope you find it or is returned to you soon.

  5. Oh no. Oh no. Ohnoohnoohno. I'd feel sick too. I really hope you get them back. I'm hoping they haven't called simply because they're non-cooks and haven't ever looked in the oven.

  6. I thought you'd get a chuckle out of the unopened boxes query - :)
    When we moved into this house all "where on earth will this go?" boxes went to the basement - and sat there until one of my sons finally said "Mom, where are we supposed to play this winter?!"

    I love Miss T's suggestion that they simply haven't opened the oven yet - I have friends like that!

    This is making me feel sick - so I can only imagine how you must feel...