Saturday, October 01, 2011

Forgot to mention ...

It's National Blog Writing Month (NaBloWriMo). Not to be confused with NaNoWriMo, which is National Novel Writing Month.

NaBloWriMo (at least the incarnation I participate in) was started by the multi-talented (and possibly insane) Amy a.k.a. GroovyGrrl a.k.a. Soap Crone.

The idea is that you blog every day in October. Which can be a challenge. I used to blog every day (see: 757 posts in 2008), but then Facebook came along and sucked up a lot of my online posting energy.

I've been trying to post more frequently, and NaBloWriMo has prizes. Prizes! So.

You can do it, too, if you want. Click here.

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I could do that, blog every day in October, that is. But will I? Just because I CAN doesn't mean I WILL. I certainly would never say "what in the world will I say if I have to write something for 31 days in a row?" I mean, really. It's not like my blog is full of deep thoughts or profound insights or even interesting observations. But I like the discipline of it all. So thanks for alerting me Kitt! And if I fail only you and your comment readers will know (and I don't think it will keep anyone awake at night worrying).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to keep track, Pam! You're pretty good about regular posts. Better than I've been lately. I'm also bad about mailing stuff. I'll get those seeds in the mail this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've blown THAT goal already! I wish I'd known about it before, but maybe next year! I sure understand about Facebook monopolizing time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done this a couple of times through the WordCount Blogathon in May.

    Each time, I've been glad I did it and very relieved when it was over. If you're feeling ambitious again in May, you can join in!

    ReplyDelete