Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Lunch at Thai Pot Cafe

The Sergeant and I needed to run some errands on Colorado Boulevard, so we popped into Thai Pot Cafe for lunch (it's on the east side, between Iowa and Florida). We've been there once before. There's another Asian place in the same strip mall (Saigon Terrace?) that we accidentally ordered takeout from once. Don't go there. Thai Pot's the place you want.

We got the soup with our lunch specials. Kao tom, or rice soup. A clear but flavorful broth, rice and chicken. Surprisingly delicious, because it I thought it was going to be watery and bland.
The Sergeant ordered masaman curry. The restaurant has a formula for spiciness, from 1 to 5, with 5 being "Thai spicy." That strikes me as a sensible way of dealing with people's nebulous descriptions of how hot they want their food.

He said his tofu curry was tasty, but could have been still hotter than the level 4 he ordered. Next time, "Thai spicy" it is.

I ordered the chicken pad see-ewe, which is stir-fried wide noodles with chicken, eggs and broccoli. I ordered it spice level 2, because I'm a wimp. It was pretty mild but I really liked it. I wished I'd ordered a dinner-sized portion so I could have some later.Thai Pot is not a cheap lunch ($8 for the lunch specials we ordered) but worth it. Nice friendly service, too.

Thai Pot Cafe
1550 S. Colorado Blvd. #113
Denver, CO 80222
303-639-6200

2 comments:

  1. You were right up the street from me. Should've dropped by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had I only known! You should try Thai Pot Cafe sometime.

    ReplyDelete