Saturday, February 23, 2008

Random

Susan tagged me for an eight random things meme. Though they're not really random, since I'm following a set format.

1. I was born in… Milwaukee, at Columbia Hospital. I grew up in Whitefish Bay, just a few blocks west of Lake Michigan. I miss the lake, though the mountains west of Denver are a decent substitute as a geographical reference point and recreational opportunity.

2. I absolutely HATE… the feeling of cardboard. I'll touch it if I have to, but I try not to. Susan also mentioned visiting the dentist. I concur. I also hate it when people are inconsiderate of others. Come on, neighbors, shovel your damn sidewalk.

3. When I was a little girl… I read a lot and was a very picky eater.

4. All I need in life to be happy is… good books, good food, a good dog and enough time to enjoy them. Probably some other things, too. But I'm pretty happy with my life, so I could just say "what I have now."

5. I like taking naps. Just had a good one.

6. I looooove spring. And it's coming soon!

7. I am not organized enough.

8. I have several mottos… "When buns is passed, take buns." "If you're feeling down, wait a day." "Write what you really really think, and then delete it."

And this one, which just makes me laugh: "Just because I'm crabby doesn't mean you're not irritating."

And speaking of irritating, Blogger photos and HTML lists do not play well together.

If you'd like to try your hand at this meme, please do! It's easier than some, being fill-in-the-blank. And good for a post when you've done nothing else all day worth blogging about. (Let's see ... I walked the dogs, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, took a nap ... a good day, all in all.)

9 comments:

  1. The feeling of cardboard?! Wow, that is a new one on me. It cracked me right up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. I guess you'd get a giggle out of my horror of Nubuck, too. It gives me the willies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Styrofoam here. I can't even take the sound of someone else handling it.

    When my son was little he was squicked out by velour and velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cornstarch for me.

    Wigs. Me. Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, cornstarch is icky. Styrofoam I'm OK with, but I can see how it could be a problem. Actually, Styrofoam inserts being pulled out of a cardboard box is pretty bad. *shudder*

    Thanks for the validation, gals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. .~.~getting to like you, getting to hope you like me. Haven't you noticed, suddenly I'm free and breezy! Be..cause of all.. the ...beautiful and new... things... I'm... learning about you! Day...by...day!.~.~
    There, I finished the song you started...and it was all from memory, on top of my head. No having to look these lyrics up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, D., you're hard-core! Let me guess ... high school musical? (I can do most of "The Music Man" lyrics.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this: "When buns is passed, take buns." Seriously, what a great way to view the world.

    erm, ditto on the cornstarch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! "When buns is passed ..." came from one of my great-great-aunts, either Mabel or Gert. I'm inclined to think Mabel. I sure wish they were still around.

    ReplyDelete