Saturday, August 02, 2008

Impromptu pickles

Since I had a bunch of dill left over after making the ricotta torte, and a cuke and carrots, and fresh inspiration from a pickling post at A Way to Garden, I threw together a batch of fridge pickles.

It doesn't really match the posted recipe (I cut up the cuke, for one), but inspiration is inspiration, so I give credit.

I have a bunch of old cooking implements from my grandmother's and great-grand-mother's kitchens. The canning funnel came in handy today.

Previous pickling posts:
Lacto-fermented sauerkraut (with an update)
Refrigerator pickles
Pickled green beans and carrots inspired by Smitten Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. I think we have matching canning funnels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handy things, aren't they?

    I'd love to try "real" canning, but it scares me a little.

    ReplyDelete