Saturday, August 23, 2008

Missing limb restored

Hooray! I am camera'd again. After being forced to pay overnight/Saturday-delivery shipping charges because the stupid camera store screwed me up.

The story is complicated and boring. But I'll tell it anyway. I ordered an exact replacement of my old camera, a 5-megapixel Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX7 at the store. I was told only black was available. But the store's website said there was also a brown, 7.2-megapixel DMC-FX07 available for the same price.

(Yes, the DMC-FX7 and the DMC-FX07 are different cameras. What the hell, Panasonic? Would it kill you to number your models in a way that makes sense to us mere mortals?)

It turns out the store and the website are two separate entities. But Mr. Commission at the store failed to get back to me with that information despite repeated phone calls, until yesterday when I talked to his boss. So I paid more for shipping (needed the camera today!) and I have to go back to the store for a refund on the one I ordered there.

The DMC-FX07 is usually $300, but was on sale for $170 because – get this – nobody likes brown. Well, I do!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. $170 is a great price for a 7 megapixel camera.....

    *wishes on a star*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a brown camera! Great deal, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really quite pretty! And it's a good camera. i was getting really good shots with the 5-mp one, so this should be even better. I've notice it's got a wider angle on the basic lens, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Great price, the color that you love and a camera that works better! What else can a girl asks for.......

    That's such a bargain!!!!!

    ReplyDelete