Monday, October 20, 2008

Modern Mango

Finally met my neighbors the other day who built a gorgeous modern home. I'd been checking out their blog for a while after a mutual friend of a friend sent it to me. It's a very nicely designed home, with lots of clean lines, open space and light. They used green materials and were able to economize in some areas with Ikea elements such as closets that they built in. As I've said before, it's nice to see a new home that doesn't cover the entire lot and overwhelm the the neighbors, with a design that is interesting and attractive. It's not some cookie-cutter off-the-shelf Home Depot plan that has no character.

They have a sweet little kitty named Mango, too. Who didn't know what to make of Sophie.

9 comments:

  1. House is SO interesting! Thanks for providing another sinkhole for my time (the hrs I'll spend exploring that blog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. I'm not usually that huge a fan of modern architecture, but that one is so clean, with so much light, it's got a lot of character and charm.

    Plus how can I not love an orange kitty named Mango?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look out, Sophie. She make look sweet and fluffy, but she's got killer claws.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks pretty - is it in Denver?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, it's nice to see a home that isn't massive in size. It's actually pleasant to look at, interesting. And as for Mango, she looks like an interesting new neighbor too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mango doesn't look too worried - but Sophie does! Cool house - good light inside and, because it's so new, uncluttered - but with two little girls, I doubt if it will stay that way for long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, you're welcome ;-)

    Lisa, it's liveable modern, I think is the difference.

    Betts, Sophie came over to the door and Mango got all archy and puffy but didn't hiss. It was really cute, especially since Sophie couldn't have cared less. She knows cats are off-limits.

    Sibylle, yes.

    Joanne, it's nice to have nice neighbors!

    Zoomie, Sophie was indeed worried -- about the camera flash. It went off by accident on the first shot. She hates the flash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to try this site at home. I can see the site but then get a message saying Explorer can't open it. I hit okay or the X button and the whole thing goes away. It looks like a cute house, the brief glimpse of it I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deneph, I'm told the IE problem has been fixed. They just migrated to Typepad and they're still working out the kinks.

    ReplyDelete