Friday, October 31, 2008

My alarm clock

This is usually true for me. Working later in the day should mean I can sleep as late as I want, but invariably I wake up after six or seven hours and start thinking. Gotta get this done, need to take care of that. Doesn't matter if those things aren't urgent; my brain says GET UP!

Except this morning, when the smoke alarm in the upstairs hallway was my wake-up call at 6:30. Blaaaaaat! Blaaaaaaaaaaat! I sat bolt upright. What the hell??? Jumped out of bed. Sniff sniff. No smoke. Friggin' battery needs to be changed.

This weekend Daylight Saving Time ends. You should be changing your smoke-alarm batteries (and flipping mattresses). I just wish mine had waited until daylight to remind me.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. Now the search for the batteries. Why do I always have every size but the one I need?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the low batt alarm is programmed to go off in the wee hours of the morning. Ours usually go off at 4:00 am.

    What are you dressing up as this Hallowe'en?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dang batteries! Mine are intermittent, which means I never exactly know which one needs a battery as I roam about the house checking this one and then that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do those darn batteries always give out when we want to be sleeping? Murphy's Law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JGH, isn't that always the way it is? I have to go buy some for the smoke detectors.

    Manisha, I guess it's a good way of making you remember! I didn't do a costume. Did you?

    Kathi, that sounds like fun! Maybe if you change the batteries in all of them at the same time ...

    Betts, at least I know it works!

    ReplyDelete